February 09, 2009

Malady

Jerrold and I got sick almost at the same time--after the Sunday shift, I think. Yesterday I was so sick I didn't even want to get up to eat. Missed lunch and dinner. And it wasn't just being sick that was uncomfortable. In a strange and surreal moment I looked at myself in the mirror and saw a part of me that I didn't recognize. Some mysterious malady of the body and soul is upon me. Maybe going out with friends tomorrow will do me some good.

Don't we all, at one point or another, feel a little odd, a little unusual, a little insane?

2 comments:

Nina Veronika said...

hmmm, i know what's wrong with you amits. haha

Pierre Paulo said...

She just missed someone so she got sick. But me, I was just sick and receipts from Rose Pharmacy can vouch my claims. Nyhahaha JoWk!!!